Translate

18 May 2012

IPL - Shah Rukh Khan Misbehaves at the Wankhede

Shah Rukh Khan has come out and defended his behaviour at the Wankhede last night. Here areexcerpts from his interaction with the media -

"I wasn’t drunk. It is wrong to say I was under the influence of alcohol.  pick up my children. The officials were extremely aggressive. I just got angry but I left after that. I said a few things in anger. I was one and they were 20-25 officials and they were extremely rude. When I tried to answer them, they hid behind others. I was being bullied. Banning my entry to the Wankhede will not make a difference to my life."

"They should apologise to me. My only clarification is they should look into their association and learn how to behave. Under the garb of security rules they cannot behave highhandedly with people and especially with children. You can’t physically manhandle children. They manhandled little girls."

"I think my behaviour was completely right.  We would never, ever be abusive and disrepect the audience. It started when a gentlemen came from behind and started abusing me in Marathi. I asked him to speak in Hindi."

"The way the security came and pushed the little girls was completely wrong. They were aggressive so I became aggressive back. I think they behaved extremely irresponsibly. I stand by what I did. My behaviour was completely correct."

"They MCA officials need to behave better – not only with celebrities but with normal people also. "

"It is very easy to take on a celebrity and say what you want to. There was nothing illegal, I was not on the pitch. I know the rules."

Meanwhile the Mumbai Cricket Association Managing Committee now say that will take a decision on the proposed ban next week.

-----------------------
Earlier, Mumbai Cricket Association President Vilasrao Deshmukh has promised a quick probe into the allegations against Shah Rukh Khan regarding a scuffle at the Wankhede stadium. "I wasn’t present at the venue but based on the information from office bearers of the MCA managing committee, I think it is a grave issue. I was told there was a scuffle with the security guards and Shah Rukh used some abusive language  and the members tried to pacify him but he was not in a mood," said Deshmukh.    
"We will have to think about it seriously and the managing committee will take a decision.  The members have filed a police complaint and the police will do their investigation", he added.
Earlier their was speculation that Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who is also the co-owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders IPL franchise team, may be banned for life by the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA). This is after Shah Rukh's alleged misbehaviour at the Wankhede Stadium following his team's 32-run victory against Mumbai Indians. IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla, however, said a decision on the ban would be taken after talking to all the involved parties in the incident. 

MCA secretary Ravi Savant took a more provocative stand and said Shah Rukh had an altercation with the security personnel as well as the association's president Vilasrao Deshmukh. "He (Shah Rukh) misbehaved and abused the MCA security personnel aswell as MCA officials, including our president Vilasrao Deshmukh, after the IPL match (between KKR and Mumbai Indians). We have decided to ban him for life from entering the stadium in future," Savant was quoted as saying by news agency PTI. He also alleged that Shah Rukh was in an inebriated state.

Savant said the altercation had taken place in front of IPL CEO Sundar Raman and BCCI media manager Devendra Prabhudesai. He said despite the efforts of a top police official, Iqbal Sheikh, who is also one of the members of the MCA's managing committee, to placate Shah Rukh, the actor was not in a mood to listen to anyone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment